Saturday, August 27, 2016

How Deanna Stays Motivated



Motivation is a big deal these days. Working from home and doing everything that I do (I often juggle 4-6 jobs), I get asked a lot about motivation. But the truth is, there is another guest blogger here at On Your Mark who is a much better expert on motivation. Shout out to Tami, because I've read some of her articles and they rock!


Sadly, though, I cannot pass this post along to her and make her do all the work. So, instead, I will talk about my (few) keys to staying motivated.

When I say a few, I mean two.

Goals
I'm not sure where you stand on goal setting, but I'm a huge believer in it. Writing down my goals, and having them somewhere I look everyday. I plan my day around my goals and I'm sure a lot of people might think that is silly, but it's helped me a lot.

The truth is, I've been teased several times for setting goals. But IDGF, because I feel like they help me. And that's what matters.

Success
So, here's the other one. Success.

So, what does that mean? I don't know what it means for you, but for me - it means being able to be happy, contributing to my life with my husband, helping family, growing, striving to better myself, among other things. And, of course, money in my back account. Hey, I have a mortgage and bills!

Success can be one of the biggest motivators in the world. It's just a matter of deciding what "success" means to you. No one can tell you, it's up to you.

~Deanna

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you for mentioning me! It looks we're pretty much motivated by the same things too, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete