Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 27 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our twenty-seventh day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge
Document it.

Gather important family papers, such as birth certificates and insurance policies, in one place. It's important to know where to locate them in an emergency.

Good options for storage, combining organization and protection, are a bank safe - deposit box or a fire-safe chest in your home.


Our Writer's Responses
Meredith
Documenting stuff is my forte. Since way before Mark was born, I had a knack of documenting everything. This is a great trait...I've been told by a ton of people...including a child support judge. But, that's a complete different story than what I want to cover with this post. Since Mark was born, everything that we consider "important family papers," has been in the same folder since he came home from the hospital. It's easy for me to get to if we were to have an emergency. Birth certificates, social security cards, shot records, all of his hospital testing paperwork, etc. You'd be surprised how much you need to keep once you have a child. It can be overwhelming, but don't worry about it.

Shannon
I definitely have a fear of losing important documents. My sister had a fire in her home a few years back - and many of their essential items (not to mention prized possessions) - were gone in the span of a single evening. While I do not have a safe deposit box, at the bank, I invested in a fireproof box for the apartment. It holds important papers and is stored and locked safely at all times. That gives me a little peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment